I thought it would be really fun to do a reading challenge this summer. I am trying to catch up on my goal to read 100 books in 2016, and I really need to catch up on my “To Read” pile. Thus I came up with The Hedgeathon. (Get it? Hedgehogs. Readathons. Hedgeathon)
Details you need to know.
- The challenge will start on June 1 and end on July 31
- Reading will be involved, you will need some books to read, (big surprise there I’m sure).
- Below is a reading list, not of books but of guidelines to follow. You must read 8 books that meet the guidelines in order to officially win the challenge. That means you can pick four of the guidelines to skip.
- Each book can only be applied to one of the guidelines. So you can’t read one book that covers four different guidelines and mark off all four guidelines, you can only mark off one.
- There is no set order that you have to follow
- In order for the books to count you must have finished them.
- Have fun and don’t put much pressure on yourself.
Now you don’t have to do this next step but I would really appreciate it if you did, I think it will make the challenge a whole lot more fun.
8. Join the Facebook group for the challenge here, and the Goodreads group here. You don’t have to join these groups but I think that it could be a lot of fun. You can post pictures of the books you are reading for the challenge and links to blog posts about the challenge. And who knows you might just make a new friend. It can happen. I think this is where most of the interaction will happen. In addition to that if you make blog posts, vlogs, take pictures, etc. That have to do with this challenge please post a link to it in the comments so I can see it, and use the hashtag #hedgeathon I can’t wait to see what everyone does.
The challenge part:
Pick a book that is…
- A classic- This needs to be an older book, and one that is generally classified as a classic.
2. Overly-hyped- You know what I’m talking about. Pick one of those books that no one can seem to stop gushing over and talking about. They aren’t bad books they are just hyped.
3. By an indie author– This could be a self-published book, one written by a less well known author, or even a novel you found on Wattpad, the possibilities are endless.
4. Something you normally wouldn’t read-Try a new genre or format.
5. Actually a novella– Shorter than a novel and less popular but just as good.
6. Over 400 pages- Finally time to tackle that long book you never pick up.
7. A movie as well– either book that has a movie based off of it or one that is based off a movie.
8. A true story– Time to bust out the non-fiction!
9. Recommended by a friend– Or me, or someone one else in the challenge
10. A retelling– These are super popular right now, and I have yet to read one.
11.One you bought only because of the cover– Don’t lie, we all do it at some point.
12. About a road trip- Because we can’t all actually go on one this summer.
I will post the details on claiming your prize once I have all of the details worked out, so keep an eye out for that. I am also still in the process of gathering prizes, at the moment anyone that completes the challenge and claims their win will get some really cute hedgehog themed printables, like bookmarks and such.
Please share this with your friends so that they can join as well.
If you have any questions or suggestions you can comment, or send them to me via the Facebook or Goodreads group.
I hope that you guys are as excited about this as I am. Will you be participating?